15 GOOD REASONS TO SPAY/NEUTER YOUR PET
1. Spayed and neutered pets are less likely to run away from home.
2. Spayed and neutered pets are less likely to fight with other animals, thus saving themselves much pain and their owners high veterinary bills.
3. Spayed and neutered pets are less distracted by sexual instincts and become easier to train.
4. Spayed and neutered dogs are usually more reliable “watch dogs” and more responsive to family members because they are less distracted by sexual instincts.
5. Female dogs in heat stain carpets and furniture. Spaying eliminates this problem.
6. Female cats in heat yowl and exhibit anxious behavior that is annoying to their owners. Spaying eliminates this problem.
7. Male cats spray both inside and outside the house.The spray has an obnoxious, unmistakable odor. Neutering eliminates this problem.
8. Female dogs and cats attract noisy, fighting and bothersome male dogs and cats.
9. Spayed female pets are less likely to develop breast cancer or pyometra (a common uterine infection in unsprayed females).
10. Neutered male pets are less likely to suffer infections or disorders in the prepuce or prostate glands.
11. Pregnant female pets eat more, both when pregnant and after offspring are born. Puppies and kittens are expensive to feed.
12. Spayed and neutered animals are cheaper to license.
13. Female pets have no need to bear one litter before spaying; that is an old wives' tale.
14. Neutering does not make a pet fat or lazy. Often the metabolism of a pet decreases after spaying or neutering, and the owner must be cautious not to overfeed. Feeding a spayed or neutered pet can actually be cheaper.
15. Approximately every 4 seconds one animal is killed by euthanasia because no one wants it. There is simply no excuse for allowing pets to breed.